Senior Business Development Director (Central Labs) (EMEA)
MEDICOVER is a specialized provider of diagnostic and healthcare services, focusing on markets mainly in Central and Eastern Europe and India. The company operates through two divisions – Diagnostic Services and Healthcare Services.
MEDICOVER INTEGRATED CLINICAL SERVICES (MICS) is a specialised business unit within the Diagnostic Services division with more than 200 employees that is focusing on clinical trial and patient management that are relevant for applications and clients from pharmaceuticals, diagnostics biopharma, biotech, contract research organisations (CROs), biobanks, and other players within this clinical sector. MICS has been providing bespoke services to our clients and their patients for over 20 years, making strategic use of Medicover assets, including laboratories with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, medical clinics and hospitals.
We are a leading clinical research service provider guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services in precision medicine.
Join our company on an ongoing journey of shaping the way health care performs in the future.
About The Role
We will work together to challenge the status quo and make health care better for more people, in more ways than ever. You will be part of a culture that prizes innovation that impacts quality, accessibility and affordability of care across the world. MICS s seeking to hire an experienced Senior Business Development Director to join our Central Lab organization in Europe. The successful candidate will lead some of our Key Client relationships, working with internal and external key decision makers to grow our client relationships and business. This represents an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a very successful European team as a senior team member.
The priorities of the role:
- Expand the company’s business in new and existing markets within Europe
- Establish customer relationships in Europe and the US to develop business in the European core regions while enabling Medicover’s large network of laboratories and hospitals
- Present and promote MICS capabilities and services to clients
- Leverage the company relationships and reputation within the clinical departments of pharma and biotech organizations.
- Expanding MICS’s reputation with key decision makers to enhance the credibility of our products/services and brand.
- Work with Director, Business Development to develop monthly, annual, and multiyear sales forecasts and measure results against them.
Cultivate relationships with strategic pharma and biotech partners and work together with the business development and management teams to expand sales opportunities within key accounts.
About The Candidate
This position is home based and successful applicants will ideally be based in Europe. We are seeking an experienced Business Development Director, with at least five years of experience in a CRO, Central Lab, ideally with lab services selling experience, although we would consider candidates from other scientific backgrounds who have strong account management skills and experience of clinical trials.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to offer:
- Excellent understanding of the drug development continuum.
- Strong team player: ability to work very closely with colleagues, share leads and form highly effective collaborations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Significant (at least 5 years) commercial expertise, in a CRO or other Life Sciences environment.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts through proactive sales activity and networking with assigned potential and existing accounts.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to form strong and effective relationships internally and externally.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Experience of presenting to executives and/or senior levels within a client organization.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively, managing your own priorities in conjunction with those of your colleagues and your clients.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that lead to effective long term client relationships.
- Experience of developing a ‘large’ account by effective networking and prospecting, building a sales pipeline, delivering creative proposals and delivering opportunities.
- Manages strategic accounts and complex sales.
- Leads and negotiates business unit based MSA’s and preferred provider agreements.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Willingness to travel, around 50% of the role will include visiting clients across Europe with some travel to the US for meetings and conferences.
- Advanced scientific degree preferred.
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
Minimum Required: 5 years of sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Benefits – Freedom to succeed
- An exciting and rewarding global role
- Uncapped earning potential including a fixed salary
- Great work-life-balance due to the possibility of creating your own schedule
- Flexible working space – Work where you work best!
If you thrive on challenge and are motivated, creative, and able to achieve and foster market growth then we want you on our team and are looking forward to your application!