Senior Sales Representative - Precision Medicine (EMEA, US)
The Precision Medicine business unit is focusing on biomarker early stage and clinical development and commercialization programs of companion diagnostics in oncology and rare diseases and expanding into applied markets. With our wide network of more than 100 large clinical laboratories in Europe we are turning rapid, turnkey in-house testing for decentralized community hospitals and precision diagnostics into a reality.
MEDICOVER INTEGRATED CLINICAL SERVICES (MICS) is a specialised business unit within the Diagnostic Services division with more than 200 employees that is focusing on clinical trial and patient management that are relevant for applications and clients from pharmaceuticals, diagnostics biopharma, biotech, contract research organisations (CROs), biobanks, and other players within this clinical sector. MICS has been providing bespoke services to our clients and their patients for over 20 years, making strategic use of Medicover assets, including laboratories with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, medical clinics and hospitals.
We are a leading clinical research service provider guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services in precision medicine.
Join the MEDICOVER on an ongoing journey of shaping the way health care performs in the future.
About the role
This is a field-based position that will cover pecific territories for a Sr Account Manager- Precision Medicine with extensive experience and a consistent track record in Clinical/Life Sciences Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan by driving awareness and implementation of MCOV services. This individual must have a strong technical competence in the areas of Next Generation Sequencing and advanced molecular technologies in the clinical market as well as respective applications on clinical development.
The Sr Account Manager- Precision Medicine must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment to drive customer success. Primary responsibilities is to engage with clients for biomarker services and to drive testing implementation within the defined geography
The priorities of the role:
- Expand the company’s business in new and existing markets within Europe
- Present and promote MICS capabilities and services to clients
- Leverage the company relationships and reputation within the clinical departments of pharma and biotech organizations.
- Expanding MICS’s reputation with key decision makers to enhance the credibility of our products/services and brand.
- Work with Director, Business Development to develop monthly, annual, and multiyear sales forecasts and measure results against them.
Cultivate relationships with strategic pharma and biotech partners and work together with the business development and management teams to expand sales opportunities within key accounts.
- Scientific Consulting Competence: provides technical advice and guidance to the customers, in order to support them effectively use technology and stay current with the latest advancements in their field, ability to compare and evaluate competing solutions to customers, by having a deep understanding of the technology, protocols, and capabilities.
- Strong understanding of business principles and practices, especially as it relates to planning and executing sales strategies in a particular territory. This includes the ability to make accurate sales forecasts.
- Collaboration – Successful experience working in a matrixed team environment.
Customer oriented – Experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
- Develops and manages a business plan
- Effectively competes to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to address performance, workflow, and budget.
- Maximize utilization of MEDICOVERs‘ lab portfolio. Drive additional assay utilization across existing accounts with equal focus on targeting new customers. Identify the applications, assays and protocols available and convert the business.
- Actively prospect and develop sales funnel in this rapidly growing and evolving marketplace.
Minimum Qualifications (must Have)
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, PhD preferred
- 5+ years of Sales Experience in Clinical/Life Science with consistent achievement of sales goals
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement
- Experience in Next-Generation Sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis (Sanger) Sequencing, qPCR/digital PCR and immunoassays and flow technologies
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, regulatory guidelines, and environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Ability and willingness to travel ~50% of the time
- Fluent English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
- Computer and internet knowledge. Use of remote sales skills.
- Valid driving license
Preferred Qualifications (nice To Have)
- Clinical development experience
- Biomarker lab experience